Question:
I have a turkish mauser i bought from fleet farm and?
2006-05-12 09:00:45 UTC
I recently purchased a turkish 8mm mauser. From century arms international. Now on the end of the barrel it says germany 1938. But on top of the reciever it has turkish writing with a 1940 date.
I need some parts for this and i was wondering if this is considered a m98 or if these are interchangable parts.
Mainly the firing pin and spring.

Please Help
Three answers:
mbegg01
2006-05-12 17:36:58 UTC
go to gunpartscorp.com.com (numrich arms), and to make things simple order the catalog. you can find your gun and the parts that you need.

if it is a m98 turkish mauser,(large ring)replace the barrel with a 45-70govt. barrel. with some modifications it makes an excellent shooter.
custom102004
2006-05-16 03:37:14 UTC
i had a spanish 7mm mauser (7x57) with a scope kit on it. made a great deer hunting rifle, and is reported to be in the top five picks for elk hunting i have heard. you can find these mausers for about 100 bux in pawn shops but ammunition is pretty high, i was getting boxes of 20 for around 24 to 27 bux.
2muchcoffee
2006-05-12 17:38:18 UTC
It was probably rebarreled with a german barrel--the action is still a mauser, which is one of the strongest actions on a rife. I think that the mauser arrigenated in Germany.