Question:
are the little brown dots that are forming on my brand new kershaw knife rust spots?
davidleesathoth
2006-05-11 07:14:32 UTC
are the little brown dots that are forming on my brand new kershaw knife rust spots?
Six answers:
computerethics101
2006-05-11 11:53:12 UTC
Yes! Clean the knife carefully with WD-40 & steel wool, then wipe the knife off and coat it with any type of lubricate that has Teflon in it for the best protection against rust.
farmerwoman4
2006-05-11 14:21:17 UTC
You prob got a cheap knife a 440 stainless steel knife would never rust. but it sounds like you are not drying it off properly before storing. An old timer brand knife is alot better.
My world
2006-05-11 14:21:09 UTC
Yes. I have found that WD-40 will clean these off as well as providing protection.
JeffAV
2006-05-11 14:15:48 UTC
clean off with not metal scouring pad, keep knives clean and lightly coated with thin film of mineral oil when stored
mrscmmckim
2006-05-11 15:00:45 UTC
Return it. It shouldn't be doing that.
Ñina