Question:
Anyone with turkey problems like me?
Fulita
2006-04-27 15:53:00 UTC
I live in the country. Recently my dog and the neighbor's dog have been keeping me awake much of the night with their constant wild barking. Come to find out some wild turkeys have decided they like my yard at night. Is it possible to keep them away? How the heck do I do it???
Five answers:
ryan
2006-05-03 08:02:15 UTC
Find out exactly where they are roosting (they roost in trees). Once you have accomplished this, scare them off of their roost. If you do this a couple of times they will find somewhere else to roost. It probably will work after the first attempt.
paul67337
2006-04-27 18:42:47 UTC
yeah, use 4 or 6 shot, with the heaviest oz payload your gun can take. probably 1 7/8 oz in a 3" 12 ga.
Huck
2006-04-27 15:54:34 UTC
set up some turkey decoys and shoot them with a 12 gauge shotgun, using a full (turkey) choke and magnum turkey shot!!!

where r u located? if you're within 100 miles from me, i'll do it for free!!!
ll3761
2006-05-03 02:02:17 UTC
LOTS OF LIGHT. TURKEYS DON'T LIKE LIGHT AT NIGHT. YOU CAN ALSO FIND THEIR ROOSTING TREE AND PUT LOTS OF OWL DECOYS IN TH TREE AT DIFFERENT HEIGHTS.
merlin2000666
2006-05-03 22:07:07 UTC
let the dogs loose