Question:
where can i buy a deer hunting rifle?
sagittarius_love
2006-05-10 15:24:10 UTC
where can i buy a deer hunting rifle?
Twelve answers:
Juliette
2006-05-11 14:45:52 UTC
Start with your local pawn shop. If you really get desperate there is always Walmart.
mcawful1
2006-05-10 16:00:12 UTC
WalMart, no matter what state you are in. As long as you are 18, have a photo ID, and a clear background. You'll have to fill out the BATF form and wait for them to run a check on you, (which is pretty quick, by the way) and you pays yer money and gets yer gun. .308 and .30-06 are probably the most common deer calibers. WalMart is probably cheaper, but gun shops do the same thing, as do pawn shops.
nayburhoodsnipa
2006-05-11 06:38:19 UTC
Listen to all these answers, it's all common sense and there all correct, especially the first answer about the common gun calibers for deer hunting. I would also recommend a shotgun if you advance in deer hunting.
Black Sabbath
2006-05-11 19:55:30 UTC
Gander Mountain, ***** Sporting Goods, Walmart, Gun Shops, Pawn Shops, ect.
Brayden W
2006-05-17 14:54:43 UTC
You can buy them at Wal-Mart and at the Pawn Shop for probably the cheapest price but you can always go to the classifieds and see if anyone is selling them.
THE BEAR
2006-05-10 18:33:50 UTC
I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE ON THE WALMART ANGLE BUT IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST RIFLE I WOULD CHECK WITH A COMPETENT GUNSMITH TO GET ONE SINCE YOU PROBALLY WILL WANT A SCOPE AND OTHER ATTACHMENTS. ALSO A GUNSMITH WILL WORK ON YOUR GUN IF ITS BOUGHT THERE BUT MAY PUT YOU OFF IF IT WAS PURCHASED ELSEWHERE AND YOU NEED WARRANTY WORK OR REPAIRS. REMEMBER YOU CAN SHIP IT TO THE FACTORY FOR REPAIRS BUT IT HAS TO BE SHIPPED BACK TO SOMEONE WITH A FEDERAL FIREARMS LIC.
CottonPatch
2006-05-10 17:45:05 UTC
Local pawn shop isn't a bad place to start.
clarkhuntduck
2006-05-13 19:42:45 UTC
Cabelas has every thing you need to get started and they are really nice and they will set you up. they will also bore sight your gun for free if you buy a scope and gun
PoxRox
2006-05-17 07:54:34 UTC
Bill Goodman's Gun & Knife Show. Call a buddy. Bring a friend.
paul67337
2006-05-10 20:24:33 UTC
buy it from walmart. very few guns need to be sent back to the factory. if you do have to ship it back, you don't need an FFL to send it, nor do you need an FFL to receive it.
Beware the fury of a patient man
2006-05-10 17:24:39 UTC
Pawn shop, gun show, department store, classified ads.
antshooter
2006-05-10 21:28:17 UTC
Cabala's offers not only new but used firearms.